Spring Estate Finds Decor Silver & Jewelry
March 27, 2021
Our Annual Spring auction features an important Herter Brothers chair, an excellent collection of antique silver, fine estate diamond jewelry, and an original 1848 bronze 22” bell from the Watervliet Shaker community.
- A rare & remarkable Herter Brothers 1878 Japonesque side chair commissioned for the Mark Hopkins House on Nob Hill, San Francisco.
- Superb estate jewelry led by a 3.83 ct solitaire diamond ring, antique diamond jewelry and GIA certified loose diamonds, a Weiner Werkstatte pr silver enamel cufflinks, and a nice group of Angela Cummings Tiffany gold jewelry incl a rose petal necklace, bangle bracelets & earrings.
- Fine clocks & watches incl a French Napoleonic officers clock, a Rolex datejust men’s watch and an Art Deco diamond sapphire platinum line bracelet ladies watch.
- A group of 18th century English silver incl a set of 12 dinner plates by Archambault & Muir, a monumental Robert Abercrombie ornate gilt urn, a very rare George Jensen Johan Rhode #731 fluted bowl, a remarkable Philadelphia Arts and Crafts sterling silver coffee tea and table service & much more.
- Musical instruments: a fine vintage 1920’s Gibson A2 Mandolin, a vintage Fender King acoustic guitar and a rare ludwig phase 2 guitar synthesizer
- Fine art incl a monumental Dutch JR clays seascape oil painting on canvas, a group of antique bronze sculpture and two Saratoga Springs paintings by Lucy (Kettlewell) Cadou.
- Additionally: an antique clockwork horse drawn gypsy wagon toy, many antique cast-iron still banks, lg collection of sterling silver miniature dollhouse accessories incl William Myers, a very rare 39 star South Dakota American Flag, Japanese jointed lobster, Native American w/ 2 early Navajo concha belts & Inuit vintage craft objects, Tiffany glass, Herend Queen Victoria porcelain, antique wooden saint figure, early Palissey pottery lavabo cisterns, giant remote control 1950’s wooden Chris-Craft boat, original bronze bell cast in 1848 by Meneely for the Watervliet Shaker community. This bell called the Shakers to their daily activities and devotions from the top of the South Family Shaker bell house.